You will need:
- Photo ID
- Social Security Number or Green Card
- Employer’s Contact Information including Salary for the Last Three Years
- Proof of income (e.g. recent pay stubs, bank statements, or tax returns)
- Landlord or Mortgage Contact Information for the Last Three Years
- Personal Reference Contact Information
- Automobile Information including Tag Number
- City Dog Tag Number(if appropriate)
- $52.00 per Adult Application Fee
- Complete application online
- Complete Pet Screening Online” (if applicable)
- Credit Check performed
- Criminal Background Check performed
- Civil Background Check performed
- Employment verified
- Landlord or Mortgage verified
- References verified
- Pet FIDO score received
- 24-72 Hour Average Turn Around Time for Approval or Denial
- Sign lease & pay reservation fee within 24 hours of Approval Notification
In this very fast paced rental market it is very common for there to be multiple applications on the same property. For an application to be considered you must have physically viewed the property and all adults over 18 are required to submit a completed application with fee. Incomplete applications will not hold your place. Applications received prior to viewing the home will not be considered or hold your place. Our applications are completed online. Once you submit your application all fees are non-refundable so it is imperative that you check with our office to make sure the property is still available. You may submit a back up application. We do not consider or process back up applications unless the primary applicant is denied. We follow all Federal Fair Housing Laws.
- All occupants over the age of 18 must submit an application, government ID and a $52 application fee.
- We require established income and employment in the Asheville area. If you are unable to provide this but have other documentation you may still be approved with additional deposit, rent paid in advance and/or a co-signer.
- You must be able to show proof of three times the monthly rent in pre-tax income (combined between all adults residing in the new unit). We will verify income and employment stability.
- We must be able to verify at least one year of positive rental history or mortgage history. You must have paid your rent on time, had no complaints, fulfilled your lease obligations and left the property in acceptable condition. Prior evictions are not acceptable.
- You must be credit worthy. Open collections and other current issues are not acceptable.
- You must have an acceptable criminal and civil background. Current issues are not acceptable.
- If you meet all of these standards we generally require one and a half months of rent as a refundable security deposit.
- Should you be unable to meet all of the basic rental criteria you may still be able to rent from us. We may consider approving you with a larger security deposit, rent paid in advance and/or a co-signer.
- If you have any issues that may prevent you from being approved please bring to our attention when you submit your application. Once we begin processing your application all fees are non-refundable.